Hey guys Vil here. I decided to post a warrior guide that I wrote a long time ago (before pets) and posted to sakuraempire.com. Some parts on it are outdated so please excuse them as annoying as it may be. Any of the old player know how different the game was just a year ago. Most of the information is still solid even being so old. Anyways I've seen a lot of good guides on the forums that have helped me a lot with my build. However being an assaulter and a PvP minded person I struggle more so with PvM (player vs monster) than PvP. There's a lack of PvM guides right now so if some of you that are better writers than me could write guides for things such as MJ, Orc, and Azrael, I and many other players would find it helpful. Enjoy the guide and if your unsure about anything please ask :)
Hi website viewers this is Vil. This is my first ever guide so bare with me here. Today I’m going to use my mad skills to help you warriors out.
Let’s start by viewing the warrior weapons.
1. 2h sword and axe – This is a great damage class. There are boosts for melee and melee defence on most of these fine weapons.
There however are two big drawbacks. The first of these is that most powerful high level axes and swords subtract a percentage of max mp, attack speed, or dodge. The other big drawback is that you can’t use a shield which greatly lowers your armour and max hp. Damage wise these are some of the best weapons in the game. If you want to use them you should focus on very high CON and STR.
2. 1h sword/axe with shield – My personal favourite choice is a 1h sword with a shield. These allow you to greatly increase max hp and armour. Some also have a suit effect that only two piece equipments have.
There is a very big drawback though and that is the fact that your attack is fairly low compared to other warriors with 2h equips. This usually isn’t a problem except that sometimes you cannot kill your target in a PVP battle because they heal more hp than you can take away. Despite this drawback tanks are must haves for parties and can be used for pvp if your attack is strong enough. At high levels you will be able to get very strong equipments with huge bonuses. People in this class should focus on STR, CON, and AGI.
3. Spears – These powerful 2h weapons are used to deal massive amounts of damage. The current most powerful spear in the game is the epic “Dual Dragon Ultimum B”. With a 35% melee bonus it can be used to pummel opponents in 1-2 hits.
The biggest drawbacks are that there is no melee defence boost and that you cannot equip a shield when using them. Currently the best damage class in the game, you can deal loads of punishment on your enemy. If you plan on being a spear warrior you should focus on STR, CON, and AGI. AGI is your biggest form of defence because it allows you to attack first and to raise you dodge to very high levels.
So now that you know about the different weapon choices for a warrior you may be asking: “How in the world can I pick from so many skills without making a huge mistake?”
- Well first of all you have to be careful. The single biggest mistake you can make is wasting your precious SP on skills that do little to help you. All warriors should raise their defence and attack with skills like Braveheart.
- I also recommend learning Dodge unless your a 2h axe user.
- Raising your HP is also a must. Skills like Iron body help tremendously in this area.
- At a high level improving your hitrate is a must.
- I stress that you should have about 75% of your skills be passive.
- All you really need for active skills are a Heal skill (I recommend Holy Smite), a skill to avoid death, (Chaos works well if you have high MP, if not the default defend skill works nicely) and also 1-2 aoe skills (Whirlwind is one of the best in the game).
- I recommend Sun’s Spirit as an auto skill because up until LVL 9 it requires 0 mp and stacks so that is can heal you up to 780 HP at lvl 9. It also gives a nice melee bonus.
Ok, so now you know everything you need to know to make your character better. Just keep focusing on powerful skills that apply to your class and weapon choice. You might want to make a test character to try out all of the weapons before you commit to one. It costs a hefty sum of silver to drop skills (1000 silvers) so being careful is a must.
Thanks for reading I really hope I helped and plan on making more guides in the near future. The end