The search function at the top of the cs.lakoo.com site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming.
The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "Me too!" icon. Clicking the "Me too!" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background.
Rule No. 1 - Flaming
- You will not harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member. Whether through posting, user names, or signatures. This may apply even if you are joking with friends. The staff cannot always know who you are friends with on the forum.
- Using derogatory terms will not be tolerated. We want to create a fun and peaceful environment for everyone.
Rule No. 2 - Spamming
- You will not double post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. You will not mass-PM or mass-email multiple members of this site the same message.
- Your topic title must not be misleading and must pertain to the subject in your thread. This also includes topics that are just complete non-sense. These topics will be deleted, or the entire thread will be locked.
- You may not post for the sake of increasing your post count.
Rule No 3. - No Offensive Posts, Links or Images
- This rule includes no discussion of the following:
- Pornography (Pornography, in the case that we mention it, includes all textual and visual erotic material. Artistic nudity is not allowed.
- Game Hacking
- Anime Downloading
- Illegal file downloading of any sort
- KSSN's or any Social Security-type numbers.
- You are also not allowed to post the personal information of any other member of this forum. Doing so will result in a ban.
Rule No. 4 – Promotion
- You will not post URL's or any messages that solicit members, companies or self anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, forums, email address, business, activity, or other entities that are intended for profit through Self-Promotion of which includes but not limited to affiliate codes. (i.e. no self-promotions). This also includes pyramid schemes, gMail, etc.
Rule No. 5 - Language Restrictions
- Please make all posts in English. This makes moderation easier and also keeps the forums more sociable. Keep any other language to PMs. Repeat offenders will get a warning and may be banned.
Rule No. 6 – User Name Restrictions
- Do not register names with excessive special characters, especially '\' and '/', or any names which may be misleading. Examples of this include registering a name containing 'admin' or 'administrator'. You must not register names which may be confused with a member of the Official Empire Online Forum’s staff. This will result in the account being renamed or deleted without notice.
- You may not register names for the promotion or advertising of any website, forums, email address, business, activity, or other entities.
- You may not create a user name that belittles any member of this forum.
Rule No. 7 - Signature & Avatar Restrictions
- All signatures should not exceed the following limits:
- Any amount of images totaling no bigger than 500px in height. No huge flashing images!
- A link and promotional text for a site that is not commercial (ie. affiliate links) and does not contain product(s) and/or service(s) is allowed, provided the site is not sexual or does not violate Empire Online community standards. (Examples include sites about drugs and/or sex.).
- Duplicate links to the same URL in a signature are not allowed.
- You will not display avatars that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member or guest.
- Other restrictions consist of:
- Sexually suggestive images. This includes images that have been doctored up in a comical sense.
- Vulgar in nature towards belligerence.
Rule No. 8 – Respect the staff
- If you have an issue with the staff, do not hesitate to bring it up in the Suggestions & Feedback forum. However, if you are disrespectful to the staff and insult them, you will receive a warning the same way you would if you were to insult a normal member.
Rule No. 9 – Trading
- You may not post trades of game accounts, in-game items for real money, and/or trading an item in one game for an item in another game. You may post normal trades that stay with-in a game with stuff already in that game.
What happens if I break a rule?
The administrators and moderators of the Official Empire Online Forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post. We also have the right to suspend or ban any member for any breach of the rules or for any other reason with or without warning or notice.
What is a warning, and how many can I get?
Warnings are simply a notice that you have come close to breaking, or have broken, the rules. This serves as a chance to not pull the same mistake again and does not count towards the infractions listed above. It's advised that you consider what has been written in the warning and try to better yourself.
What if I see a message posted that breaks a rule?
Please report these posts or threads to the administrators or moderators of the forum by clicking the report icon in the posts postbit, and the post or thread will be reviewed and action taken as soon as possible. Posting in a thread that broke the rules, and mainly posting about the breaking of a rules, may in fact result in warning. So just report it and leave it.
What is my responsibility as a member?
Please keep these 9 rules in mind when you post. The administrators and moderators of the Official Empire Online Forum have the right to change these rules at any time without notice. It is the responsibility of every member to remain updated with the current rules.
Why have rules in the first place?
The rules are there for the protection of the community as a whole and to prevent abuse, conflict and disharmony within the forums.
Your cooperation is most appreciated!