Hello again fellow Lakoo fans!
Seeing the Thunder Blue Dragon got me excited and reminded me that pets are a huge part of the game. Most of us can't change our character very much after lv60 except for some minor gear or skill optimization (ok, and alchemy). However, we all like pets and spend a great deal of time and effort training and improving them.
I remember an old game from an outdated console system. In hindsight, that game lacked depth and challenges (unlike Empire Online which is very fun and interesting :) Yet, many of us played that game for months even after we had lost interest in the game itself simply because it had one redeeming quality: a robust pet training system. Alchemy is a great feature to allow us to improve ourselves. Yet, many of us care for our pets as much as if not more than our character. However, we sadly neglect our pet after it reaches lv60 other than the occasional Pet Age Reset since we can't do anything more to help it grow.
I propose the adding following features to add tremendous staying power and interest in the game via new pet features:
1) Revise BaseLv pet stat
Currently, this stat is used to show what level the pet hatched out of the egg and its Base stats. Modify pets so that stats added by leveling up a pet or increasing its skills only get added to the Add column. This would allow you to use a pet's Base stats and BaseLv to show how many times it had been leveled from lv1 to lv60.
Currently, once a pet reaches lv60, nothing more can be done to train it. Allow a lv60 pet to be "Evolved" by using a special scroll costing Silver. This would:
- add 1 stat to the Base stat for each 50 stat points in each to the six Stat categories;
- reset the pet's data except Base stats back to Lv1;
- increase the pet's BaseLv by 1 (i.e BaseLv2 and back to Lv1) to show that it has been leveled Evolved beyond lv60
If you capped BaseLv at 60, we could basically level a pet from lv1 to lv60 about 59 additional times to gain more stats and dramatically increase our pet's power. True, the Evolving process would cost us any Silver we used to skill the pets but the trade-off would be that we could relevel a pet with a stronger set of base skills. People could take pride in having a highly Evolved pet. Once level60 players run out of characters they can still enjoy leveling their favorite pets. This would even allow for pets stronger than players (which would be very fascinating in my opinion). Currently, pets die very easily. Think how interesting a BaseLv60 (meaning someone leveled it to lv60 about 60 times) pet with an added 60 to 180 stats in each of the six Stat categories could be. Players who focus on grinding would have a chance to compete with PvP players in fights since they would be spending more time leveling their pets.
2) Add Pet Fusion Function
Alchemy is great! I think a permutation of that feature for pets would be exciting. For example, we could fuse two pets together to randomly create:
- one of the same two pets with switched Growth Rates;
- one of the same two pets with switched Pet Talent;
- a random new pet; or
- a new talent
Here are some examples of common fusion probabilities:
- Female Zombie + Maid = Vampire Maid (Maid with darker clothes Warlord Cloak; active talent: Mana Bite --> assist, drain target mp -20%, healself +10%, healmaster = +10%)
- Aardwolf + Bear = Griffin (Kylin body with bird head and Evil Wings; passive talent: Strong Body3 --> increase hp by 3000 hp)
- Flash Element + Demon = Dark Shadow Demon (black version of demon; auto talent: Gloom --> 300mp, increase team curse resist +30, 3 round)
- Merfolk + Fairy = Holy Angel (Verdani with glowing halo and wings; auto talent: Heavenly Light --> 1000mp, purify random team/target in cross, targetself = invincible)
- Pig + Lion King/Sphinx = Minatour (Lion King body and minatour head; passive talent: Berserker --> increase range def 100%)
- Red Dragon + Fire Element = Lightning Element (Fire Element as yellow; auto talent: Stormgatherer --> increase self magic damage +1000, 2 round)
- Lobo + Sword = Living Shield (floating shield with eye; auto talent: Ultimate Defense --> 600mp, increase master magic defense +300 and melee/range defense +600, 2 round
- Azrael Vassal + Azrale Vassal = Excalibur (white sword with red blade; active talent: -15% hp to target cross, heal self 50%)
- Red Dragon + Green Dragon + Blue Dragon = Athlon Dragon (Athlon with Evil Wings; passive talent: Strong Body5 --> +5000hp)
The rarity of the pets is random but based on the rarity of the pets used to make them (two common make a common, two rare more likely to make a rare, etc.). Any combination (other than the ones listed above) can result in one of these or any of the other versions in the game but the odds are small that it will be a more valuable one. Of course, you should sell a Reverse Fusion scroll to be included in the fusion so people can undo the fusion if the results were not to their liking.
3) Food Variety
I am a picky eater and I can't help but wonder if our pets are as well? Maybe create 6 or 7 different pet foods that increase the chances to get certain stats (perhaps even more than 2) upon leveling or that can even affect the pets Growth Rates. This allows people to tweak and customize pets (a magic fairy? a melee mermaid? what possibilities!). It would be alot more fun to search for and feed pets these foods while training them.
- Banana (STR) --> increase chance for STR stat on leveling
- Apple (CON) --> increase chance for CON stat on leveling
- Carrot (DEX) --> increase chance for DEX stat on leveling
- Strawberry (AGI) --> increase chance for AGI stat on leveling
- Peach (INT) --> increase chance for INT stat on leveling
- Mango (WIL) --> increase chance for WIL stat on leveling
also perhaps, potions could be made for a chance to change or increase the Growth Rates on the next level:
- STR HEX Potion --> increase slightly chance for STR Growth Rate to increas on next level up of pet, small chance for slight decrease in random other growth rates.
- CON HEX Potion --> increase slightly chance for CON Growth Rate to increas on next level up of pet, small chance for slight decrease in random other growth rates.
This would allow us to keep the pets we want but make variety and customization within the base pet stats. Pet training could really become an art.
Thanks for listening! And yes, some of these may be impractical or unbalance things but I love sharing ideas nonetheless :)
Um the lobo sword pet should just be a lobo with double magic sword pets in hands depending on which sword u fused it with.
And the dragon mix should be lightnig dragon- color yellow w/blue outline.
We should also have lv40 pets learn move to do with master. Lobo- depends on wepon u have example: wand it will have a fire hit when it hits. Dragon- example: sword You can kill it making u unstoppable for two rounds. Note i got from old stories. Sword pet- doesnt matter what wepon- Ur character does a back- flip and does evil slash. Mermaid idk. Zombie idk. But people will hopefully agree. P.S im the charecter bangsh :)
Breeding Pet is a great idea.. however, every new pet lakoo releases seemingly becomes stronger and stronger... meaning old pets are absoultely useless.. ALL PETS SHOULD BE BALANCED, so if you can figure out a way to have a balanced breading program, it would be very cool idea.. an idea worth of GOLD bonus for suggesting it... Great idea.
Breeding Pets big thumbs up, but making super pets is a horrible idea. Just make a balanced pet system where every pet is good (including the sword pet) and balanced (decrease the rounds effect of blue dragon, and lower the base stats of merfolk, blue dragon (growth), demon to something not rediculous). Why can't a sword costing 35 gold be balances and equal in effectiveness to a red dragon/fairy/flash element ?? I don't see why asking for a more balanced pet system is that big of an undertaking.. simply a matter of adding base stats (sword and pink pig pets), lowering the base stats on demon and merfolk (-15 to -20 on their crazy base stats), additing more skill hit -/+ to ryouga and zombies... LOWERING BLUE DRAGON ROUND TO 2-3, ADDING LOBO SKILL TO 2 ROUNDS!! Also would create more balance among pets. I know you need to create pet tiers, but if a pet is the same price then it should be balanced!!!
Pets with absurdly low pet growth, for reasons of dying/feeding/etc.. should not be -30 dodge (in the case of a fairy) lower than pets that level well.. that again should be more balanced.. Pet growth is important but pets at low and high points should only be separated by minor differences not massive ones. Its the same pet, the same time, effort, and silver used to skill it. And elite and beginners should have the -/+ 10 stats on the same pet.. its only fair to everyone.
These are really good concept ideas... but remeber the idea is to have a balanced pet for everyone. I understand some pets are elite and some are weakers, but they should all be balanced and available for uses in the scenario that fits. Can't have a pet with crazy stats like red dragon or fairy and then have a sword/pig pet cost the same and be useless... the bear should be slightly improved, maybe add +10 base stats to str since it is suppose to be a crazy strong bear.
Great ideas - If a pet is level 60, it should be able to only bread with pets of equal level and their pet egg should reward the pet of equivilant level.. so level 60 mom and dad = lvl60 baby.. since you spent time getting 2 pets to 60, making a level 0 baby is dumb... if youre gonna trade 2 pets for 1, it should give you same level 60 pet.
LOVE THE IDEA THOUGH :)